Some of the better deals on TVs, laptops and a bunch of other devices may be found at Sam's Club on Black Friday 2018. Like Costco, Sam's Club is a warehouse club store based on customers having a membership plan. An annual membership at Sam's Club costs between $45 and $100.
Nonmembers can technically still make purchases at Sam's Club, but they'll miss out on the best deals because everything costs an extra 10 percent without a membership.
The 40 best Cyber Monday 2018 deals still availableSee all photos
In terms of inventory, Sam's Club offers a pretty conventional mix of clothing, housewares, furniture and electronics. Its Black Friday offering for 2018 is strongest in the TV and laptop categories.
Notably, Sam's Club will sell (online only) the 55-inch Vizio M-Series 4K TV, highlighted below, for $450 starting on the morning of Thanksgiving. It's also bucking the venerable Black Friday trend of clearing out older PCs and laptops with aging processors -- most of Sam's Club's deals on PCs feature contemporary machines running Intel's newer eighth-generation CPUs.
Sam's Club stores will be closed on Thanksgiving Day -- but Black Friday deals will launch at SamsClub.com starting at 12:01 a.m. ET on Nov. 22. Doors will reopen at 7 a.m. local time on Friday, Nov. 23.
As always, remember the caveats:
- Deals and prices have been verified as of Wednesday, Nov. 21 at 2:20 p.m. ET.
- CNET may get a share of revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page.
- Sam's Club's special prices will be available through Nov. 25 or until supplies last.
- We linked to the current listing at the retailer's website when one was available, but sale pricing won't be available until the respective sales begin.
55-inch Vizio M-Series, model M55-F0: $450 (save $150)
Though the 55-inch Vizio M-Series can't compete with the TCL 6 series on picture quality, at this price, it's nevertheless the superior value. And it's the least expensive TV we'll recommend for Black Friday 2018 to have scored at least an "8" for picture quality.
Deal available online only. The same price is available at Costco, but its sale starts a day later on Black Friday proper.
75-inch Samsung 4K TV with Xbox One S for $1,280 (save $230)
Though we haven't reviewed this particular Samsung 75-inch TV, it's probably not as good as the more-Vizio P-Series (our favorite 75-incher of the year, itself on sale for $1,600 at Sam's Club's starting Thanksgiving online). Still, if you're looking for a cinema-scale gaming experience and starting from scratch, this is a pretty decent deal -- as long as you don't need absolute peak picture quality.
Note: Sam's Club Plus members are eligible for 3x cash rewards on this deal.
15.6-inch HP Pavilion laptop with Core i3 and 2TB hard drive for $400 (save $200)
If you're more concerned with storage than performance, Sam's Club's deal on this 15.6-inch HP laptop is among the best we've seen this year. For $400, you get an eighth-gen Intel Core i3 CPU, 8GB of RAM and a ridiculous 2TB hard drive. Very solid.
15.6-inch HP Pavilion laptop with Core i5 and 1TB hard drive for $550 (save $150)
You can get similar configurations for less elsewhere, but Sam's Club members are eligible for the extended two-year warranty that comes included with this one. A solid lineup of specs: eighth-gen Intel Core i5 CPU, 8GB of DDR4 SDRAM and a 1TB hard drive.
17.3-inch HP laptop with touchscreen, Core i7 CPU, 2TB hard drive and optical drive for $650 (save $250)
This enormous HP laptop is absolutely loaded. You get a 17.3-inch HD touchscreen, a high-end Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB of RAM (plus 16GB of Intel Optane), a 2TB hard drive and -- what's that now? -- an optical drive. Sam's Cub also throws in two years of extra warranty protection.
Note that Sam's Club is also selling a less expensive variation of this machine with less firepower and no touchscreen for $450.
Bose SoundLink Bluetooth On-Ear headphones for $100 (save $60)
These are compact and comfortable and deliver excellent audio quality. Our only qualm has been the price, but this deal mitigates that. Equivalent to the pricing we're seeing elsewhere.
Fitbit Versa, $150 (save $50)
Sam's Club has the same deal on this smartwatch as many other retailers. The Versa has a comfortable, sleek design with a color touchscreen, a heart rate sensor and a battery that will last you days at a time. And it's compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
iRobot Roomba e5 for $250 (save $100)
A compelling price on a Wi-Fi-connected robot vacuum that is rated for 90 minutes of use per charge. Supports Alexa and Google Assistant.
Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum XL for $100 (save $50)
We reviewed an older, different version of the Shark Rotator and found it easy to use and effective. The one Sam's Club is selling features a HEPA filter and LED headlights and promises to be "ultraquiet."
Black Friday 2018 deals in each category
- TV deals for Black Friday 2018: The best and cheapest TVs of the year
- Laptop, PC, Chromebook, tablet and monitor deals for Black Friday 2018
- Streamers for Black Friday 2018: Roku, Chromecast and Fire TV start at $20
- Smart home bargains: Half-priced Echo Dot, $99 Google Home Hub and more
- Headphone deals for Black Friday 2018: Bose, Beats, JBL and Skullcandy
Black Friday 2018 deals for specific devices
- iPhone deals for Black Friday 2018: $150 off iPhone XR, XS, $400 gift card
- Samsung Galaxy phone deals: $600 Note 9, $320 Galaxy S9, $300 gift card
- Nintendo Swich discounts: Mario Kart bundle for $300, $25 games and more
- Sony PlayStation 4 and Xbox One: Bargains on bundles, games and consoles
- Apple AirPods: What's the best Black Friday 2018 deal?
Black Friday 2018 deals by store
- Amazon's Black Friday 2018 deals on Kindles, Fire TVs, Alexa and more
- Walmart's best Black Friday 2018 prices: TVs, iPad, PlayStation 4, InstantPot
- Best Buy's top discounts: Roku and OLED TVs, Sonos, Apple and Google
- Target's best deals: $200 PS4 and Xbox bundles, $150 Fitbit Versa and more
- Costco Black Friday 2018 deals arrive: $250 iPad, $300 Dyson and more
Black Friday 2018: CNET's complete coverage
- Every good Black Friday 2018 deal we've found so far
- Black Friday 2018 hub: Every CNET story so far
- When is Black Friday 2018?
- 5 things to know about Black Friday 2018
- How to tell if that Black Friday deal is really a deal
- Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday: What's the difference?
- How to save even more on Black Friday and Cyber Monday