"Real-life heroes honored at Comic-Con"
will start after this message from our sponsors.
CNET News Video
CNET News Video
Real-life heroes honored at Comic-Con
At the Comic Con Panel for CBS' Hit Show NCIS: LA, any discussion at future plot lines was put on hold to introduced some very special guest.
- Osama Bin Laden's body was buried at sea and tonight we are honored to have as a special guest of CBS, 75 Sailors from the Aircraft Carrier,
Carl Vinson which Osama Bin Laden was buried.
- NCIS: LA The TV Show wanted to pay tribute to the real men and women who are part of the Navy and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.
- We get to play heroes but when you get to actually meet heroes, you know, that's kinda another level.
- It was also a chance for the actors LL Cool J, Chris O'Donnell and Executive Producer, Shane Brennan to explain some of the cutting edge technology used in their show.
- 75% of what you see on Television on this show is real technology,
The other 25% is technology that's in development.
- In real life, the military uses some technology that's not even as high-tech as seen on the show, for example when Navy Captain Bruce Lindsey and his crew were on a rescue mission in Haiti.
- People through Facebook connected us and said, there are some people here through our church group we know about that have been bypassed, nobody is helping them, can you help them?
And they went in to Google Earth, Googled, found the locationsâ?¦
- And for some much deserved fun,
the heroes of the USS Carl Vinson got to mingle with the actors who play heroes on TV.
In San Diego, I'm Kara Tsuboi, CNET.Com for CBS News.
Sonos and Roku considering becoming better friends
Go inside Facebook's election war room
Netflix proves it's still growing like crazy
Paul Allen passes away at 65
Google says it won't work with Defense Department on developing...
Google says China is important to explore -- even if it means...
Twitter CEO believes platform contributes to filter bubbles