Google's annual Made by Google event fully confirmed the details that have been leaking out for weeks regarding the company's new(read our in-depth and here) and other hardware, including the buzzy and . That big phone reveal ended the string of details Google itself had been teasing among the usual rumors, with the company ultimately showcasing a line of devices that .
The event has just wrapped but we have a 10-minute highlight reel of Google's stream if you want to watch a shorter rundown of the main announcements.
As with theand lines, Google's Pixel 4 incorporates a lot of over the , plus many of in it as well.
"Ambient technology" was one of Google's themes this year -- technology as a single system. Because.
Here's everything Google announced on Tuesday.
- A new look, new color and new features come to the , with ( ) and . It starts at $799 (£669, roughly converting to AU$1,180).
- The phone comes with .
- Google discussed its commitment to .
- We heard about its more affordable and redesigned Chromebook, the , starting at $649.
- can perform live transcriptions of videos on your phone, which you can search.
- : The streaming video game service will launch on Nov. 19.
- Google gave a sneak peak of the , which are smaller with adaptive sound.
- The company discussed its activities and investments with respect to .
- The Google Home Mini speaker has been replaced with the , including a home intercom system and free Wi-Fi calling.
- Its model, starting at $6 a month.
- Google Wifi's sequel is the , an internet router with more features, including device prioritization and seamless setup. Plus it has an integrated smart speaker to incentivize putting it in a more visible location.
Originally published Oct. 15.