Until now, if you wanted to change your name on Pokemon Go you needed to plead with Niantic's customer support.
The review process could take weeks and there was no guarantee customer support would let you change it.
Now, you can change your nickname in-game. Here's how:
- Tap on the Pokeball button at the bottom of the map screen
- Tap on Settings at the upper left-hand corner of the screen
- Scroll down to Change Nickname and select it
- Tap Yes
- Type in your new nickname
- Tap Ok, then Yes a couple more times
- On the pop-up that says "You are now known as (your new nickname)" tap Ok
That's all there is to it, but make sure you absolutely love your new nickname. The game only lets you change your nickname once. After you change it, there's no going back.