Apple has published two new Knowledge Base documents (1, 2) regarding the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, revealing some salient new information about the service:
- iTunes automatically syncs songs and albums you've purchased on the iPod touch or iPhone back to your iTunes library when these devices are connected -- for backup purposes and so they are playable in both locations.
- Not all bonus content downloaded directly to iPod touch or iPhone.
- No gift cards, gift certificates, and gifted iTunes items can be used with the iTunes Wi-Fi Store.
- Parental Controls are not synced to the iPod touch or iPhone.
- In order to view iTunes Plus content on the iPhone or iPod touch, the last computer with which it was synced needs to have the option enabled (To change this setting on your computer, choose "View My Account" from the "Store" menu, then go to the iTunes Plus section and select the option to show this content).
- If service is interrupted, and you want to make sure the song(s) you purchased is in your iTunes library, choose choose the "Store" menu then "Check for Purchases" on your computer -- any purchased items that were not properly copied will be downloaded.
- To see the album a song is on, double-tab the song.