Did you just buy a shiny new? Are you planning to? Do you, like me, prefer to keep your phone nude?
Here are a few facts to consider:
1. The iPhone X starts at $999.
2. The iPhone X has a back made of glass.
3. If you break the glass back, Apple will charge $550 to replace it.
4. $550 is.
5. Tech repair sitethat it would be exceedingly difficult to replace the glass back yourself.
6. We broke the iPhone X's glass backwe dropped the phone. From hip-height.
So here's my suggestion:
Alternatively, there's AppleCare+. For $200, £200 or AU$300, it'll only cost you an additional $100, £80 or AU$150 the first two times you break the phone. But you have to buy it within 60 days of when Apple ships or sells you the phone.
Also maybe read my colleague Rick Broida's comprehensive advice.
Apple didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.