Simply put, it puts a wire between your AirPods, so you can keep them hanging around your neck like a typical wireless in-ear headphone that has a cord between the buds.
The Spigen AirPods Strap seems to defeat the AirPods biggest selling point (that they're totally wireless), but hey, it's only $10, and you can obviously remove it whenever you want to live more dangerously. It'll be available on October 17 as the AirPods ship to consumers.
Here are the Strap's key specs, according to Spigen, a Korean company known for its affordable smartphone cases and accessories (note: I've made a few spelling corrections):
- Compact, lightweight and extremely durable.
- Perfect compatibility for your or iPhone 7 Plus AirPods. Connect directly from one earpiece to the other.
- Designed for all users -- ideal to never lose your Apple AirPods. Keep it in place around your neck, in your pocket, or anywhere you can hang a strap.
- Premium housing with a wire holder attachment to stay tangle-free. The tangle-free design makes the cable easy to store; you can wind it without having to worry about knots or kinks. Ideal to use at home, car and outdoors.
- The Spigen AirPods Strap will make sure that your AirPods are always by your side.
- Spigen's AirPods Strap doesn't come with Apple AirPods.
- Available October 17 for $10.