As the proliferation of devices like the iPhone and iPad continue, so does the proliferation of accessories to enhance their functionality. Makayama Media is one accessory maker that aims to take on Hollywood, providing a mount for the iPad 2 that adds professional studio equipment capabilities to any portable filmmaker.
The Movie Mount allows pro-grade features to be added to your iPad 2, turning it into a complete studio; it includes wide-angle lenses, microphones, lights, a tripod, and more.
Makayama also provides a free app that provides a variety of tools for moviemakers (though the app is not required in order to use the Movie Mount). Potential purchasers should also be aware that the accessories you see attached in the photograph are not included with the mount.
The Movie Mount allows users to:
- Attach a tripod for stable shots, pan, and tilt camera movements. Standard screw fitting.
- Use 37mm conversion lenses, such as wide-angle and zoom.
- Slide on-the-fly between the built-in lens and the conversion lens.
- Use shotgun microphones for better sound (requires splitter cable).
- Use an optical viewfinder to shoot in bright sunlight.
- Use a video light for better performance in low light.
- Edit using iMovie easier with a 9-degree working angle.
- Stand upright and use the iPad 2 as a monitor.
- Use Apple's Smart Cover.
The Movie Mount is available for preorder directly from Makayama for $69.95.