The LG G Flex is flaunting its curves and finally slinking into shops today. The curved smart phone has been available to order for a while, and it's available from today to take home.
Unlocked Mobiles is selling the bendy, flexy G Flex to take home now, if you have a spare £635 for the SIM-free phone.
Meanwhile high street phone shop Carphone Warehouse is offering the Flex with a contract from Orange, T-Mobile, O2 or 4G EE. It starts at £49, as long as you're willing to cough up a whopping £59 per month.
The cheapest monthly fee is £16.99 from Orange, but that involves paying out a still eye-watering £449 for the phone.
Unusually, EE has had samples of the phone for you to play with in selected EE shops since before Christmas, which is an interesting way to promote a phone as flat-out weird as the G Flex.
The Flex phone is curved so it curls intriguingly around your face as you chat. That's in contrast to the Samsung Galaxy Round, the other bent blower causing ripples at the moment, which is curved horizontally to sit snugly in your palm. Unlike the Round, the Flex actually flexes if you push the curved bits, so you can press it -- or sit on it -- and it will give. For more on the G Flex, hit play on our hands-on video:
If you want to try the Flex for yourself before it goes on sale, you can try it at one of the following EE stores:
- London Westfield Shopping Centre, Stratford E20 1EH
- London Westfield Shopping Centre, White City W12 7GG
- London 155/157 Oxford Street, W1D 2JH
- Kent Bluewater Shopping Centre, DA9 9ST
- Nottingham 16 Clumber Street, NG1 3GA
- Manchester The Trafford Centre, M17 8AP
- Brighton 209-210 Western Road, BN1 2BA
- Cambridge 40-41 Lions Yard, CB2 3NA
- Merry Hill The Merryhill Centre, DY5 1QX
- Sheffield Meadowhall Centre, S9 1EN
What do you think of the Flex? Are curved phones the future? Tell me your thoughts in the comments or flex your muscles on our Facebook page.