CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
What could be better than winning Samsung's latest flagship phone? Very, very little.
I mean, sure, free donuts for life sounds better, but just think how much shorter your life will be. No, I think when it comes to contests, you really can't beat "the ultimate splurge" -- especially when it's part of a prize bundle worth nearly $1,000.
I am referring, of course, to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which CNET called "the best all-around phone out there." (Actually, that's what they called the Galaxy S7; the Edge was described as "that much better.")
And thanks to awesome case-maker Spigen, you now have the chance to win one of those two phones, along with a whole bunch of S7-compatible Spigen products. And the third-prize winner gets a $100 Spigen gift card and a Spigen Style Ring.
So, yeah -- this may be the single best contest I've ever run. If you're lucky enough to win, Spigen will give you either the CDMA or GSM version of the S7, depending on which carrier you plan to use it with.
Oh! And if you feel like you always enter contests but never win, Spigen just kicked off a reviews program -- Super5tar -- that lets you apply to receive free products in exchange for honest, unbiased Amazon reviews. That could amount to an easy "win," no?
Getting back to the contest, here's how to enter: Hit the comments section below and tell me the one feature you'd most like to have in your next smartphone. Built-in projector? Nuclear-powered battery? Cappuccino dispenser? (Me, I can't help wondering why there's no cheese grater on the backside. Lot of wasted real estate back there.) Then scroll down and vote in our poll. Full rules follow -- good luck!
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking the head icon in the top-right corner of the page, then Join CNET). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer this question: "What's the one feature you'd most like to have in your next smartphone?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, April 8, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- *Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 04/08/16. See rules for details.