Game of Thrones: The Iron Throne aired last night, bringing the Mother of Spoilers about the fates of the children of Westeros to every nook and cranny of the internet. Instead of wishing to rain dragonfire on those with no respect for spoilers, step back and take these easy steps right now to keep yourself blissfully unaware of the action until you're good and ready to watch the of the final season of the GoT epic.
And no, we don't mean avoiding every news site or uninstalling your Twitter and Facebook apps to keep unwanted information from seeping in.
Here are some tools you can use.
Mute keywords and accounts on Twitter
1. In the app, tap your notifications (the bell icon). If using a desktop, click on Settings and privacy.
3. Tap Add (iPhone, desktop) or the + icon (Android). If you follow multiple Game of Thrones accounts, you'll want to mute those. Mute words like Game of Thrones, GoT, character names and popular hashtags.
4. Select to mute these words from your timeline, notifications and from anyone.
5. Choose how long you want to mute the words and accounts. You can choose from 24 hours up to Forever. Then tap Save.
Temporarily snooze friends and groups on Facebook
1. Locate the group or person you want to snooze in your feed. (You know the one.) From desktop or phone, click or tap on the three dots at the top of the post.
2. Select Snooze (name/group) for 30 days. If you don't want to snooze them for the full 30 days, you can always go to their page and undo the snooze.
Download a spoiler prevention app
For desktop, download the Chrome plugin Spoiler Protection 2.0. This extension hides spoilers on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google and news sites. Just type in keywords, like GoT or Daenerys, and let the extension do its job.
Originally published May 5 and frequently updated.