At CES 2019, KitchenAid debuted the Cook Processor Connect. It's an all-in-one, small countertop appliance with a dozen capabilities including boiling, frying, steaming, stewing, kneading, chopping, mincing, pureeing, mixing, emulsifying, whipping and stirring.
Designed to decrease cooking and cleanup time, the Cook Processor Connect pares down the number of appliances, bowls and utensils you need to create a meal.
StirAssist keeps stirring your ingredients while you grab ingredients from the pantry. An inner steamer basket steams or boils things like fish, vegetables and fruit. An integrated scale calculates weight inside the processor's pot.
Here's a rundown of KitchenAid's full list of features:
- StirAssist -- continuously stirs your ingredients, so they don't burn.
- MultiBlade -- chops ingredients into fine or rougher-cut pieces.
- Dough Blade -- kneads dough for bread, pizza and pasta with a specially designed blade.
- Egg Whip -- whips eggs, egg whites or cream with the attachment.
- Mini-Bowl and MiniBlade -- the mini-bowl with matching blade handle smaller tasks.
- Inner Steamer Basket -- steams or boils fish, fruit and vegetables.
- Steamer Lid, Upper and Lower Steamer Baskets -- these accessories cook different food simultaneously with indirect heat and gentle cooking.
- Cooking Bowl (4.5L) -- the stainless steel bowl is large enough to make a meal for the whole family, so you don't need multiple pots.
- Integrated Ingredient Scale -- accurately calculates weight right in the pot.
The Cook Processor Connect is a die-cast metal construction on the outside with a stainless-steel cooking bowl. It is available in two colors: Candy Apple Red and Crinkle Black. Bowls, lids and accessories are all dishwasher safe.
Of course, like KitchenAid's other appliances at the show, Whirlpool's Yummly app can download pre-set recipes straight to the Cook Processor Connect. Pricing and availability aren't officially available yet, but the team at Whirlpool's CES booth told me to expect around $1,500 when it comes to market.
CES 2019: See all of CNET's coverage of the year's biggest tech show.
: It's six days of jam-packed events. Here's what to expect.