The new tool is located in Facebook's COVID-19 Information Center and is available on mobile devices. When you use the feature, it'll show you a list of places offering the vaccine in the area you selected. Note that Facebook's coronavirus vaccine finder tool is still rolling out to users, so you may not have access yet -- you should also make sure the app is updated to the latest version.
Here's where to find the new scheduling service and how to make a COVID-19 appointment on Facebook. Also, here's what you need to know about a, and you could encounter after you receive the vaccine.
How to make a COVID-19 vaccine appointment on Facebook
Assuming you're eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine right now, here are the steps you'll need to take to make an appointment.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Tap the Menu button and scroll down to select COVID-19 Information Center. You may need to tap the See More button.
3. Scroll down to the Find a COVID-19 Vaccine section and tap Find a Vaccine.
4. In the search bar, type the city where you want to get vaccinated.
5. A list of options will appear on a map. For example, you may see Walgreens or Kroger. Tap the option you prefer.
6. On the next screen, tap Get Appointment Info. You'll be taken to that specific pharmacy's website where you'll schedule your appointment.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to schedule your appointment and to make sure you're eligible where you live.
If you don't have a Facebook account, here's. Also, here's and . Plus, this .
The information contained in this article is for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended as health or medical advice. Always consult a physician or other qualified health provider regarding any questions you may have about a medical condition or health objectives.