Your Google Home ($80 at Walmart) and Google Nest devices aren't just an elegantly designed family of smart speakers and displays. It's also a robust and you can use to get detailed information and . Google Home also as well as your tablets and smartphones.
Whether you've got the Nest Mini, or Nest Hub Max -- or an ever-expanding collection -- chances are Google Home devices can do a whole lot more than you might realize. Like, you probably figured out how to play music as soon as you unboxed it, but did you know you can pair two Google Home speakers ? Or that any combination of speakers can pipe music ? Or that you can use your Google Nest as a bona fide ?, a
If you've mastered most of the basics and are ready for some next-level Google Home tips and tricks, here are 32 of the coolest, quirkiest and funnest things to do with a Google Home.
Find a spot for your Google Home
First, your Google Home needs a home -- preferably a spot where you'll get the most use out of it. That could be your living or family room, but Google Home can be, too, like in your foyer, bathroom or even garage. Here are some places to consider when deciding where to put your Google Home:
- Google Home is .
- Home chefs will appreciate .
- Wake up with fall asleep to relaxing sounds and more when you put . or
Beyond the basics
You can always refer to our up-to-date list offor a comprehensive list of features, but for starters, you might want to go in and . Here are a few other settings you might want to learn and possibly change:
- Control the level of chatter: Have your Google speaker
- If your family speaks more than one language, you can
- For a soundless experience,
- so Google Home hushes when others are sleeping.
How to talk to Google Assistant
The fullis long and growing, but there are several that are especially helpful:
- Make a
- Ask your
- Create as many
- You can even
Rock out to some tunes
Playing music is the number one activity most people use smart speakers for. Here are several tips to get you started:
- Make sure you've got all your .
- Play music that's hard to say out loud .
- Control the music on your Google Home with your phone, tablet or computer when you .
- Get it thumping when you speakers.
- with multiple Google smart speakers or displays.
- If you have two identical speakers, you can that acts like one speaker.
Podcasts, audiobooks and bedtime stories
Another hugely popular use for your new Google smart speaker or display is listening to podcasts, audiobooks and children's stories. Here are some ways to get started with those:
- Listen to
- Have Google Home .
- You can also
Here are a few tricks you might not have known your new smart speaker or display could even do:
- Show off these
- How to
Control your smart home devices
Google Home speakers can serve as a central hub for all of your. For the most part, they can control any smart home product you already have. To get started:
- Check out the
- Here are
- Learn with Google Home.
How to address common problems
Once you've set up your Google Home, you shouldn't need to mess with the settings or troubleshoot. But no platform is perfect, so if you run into problems, check out these guides:
- If your speaker gets bricked,
- If you're worried about your privacy, you can put a stop to Google listening to your voice commands and .