The latest version of Apple's Mac operating system,(also known as MacOS 12) is now available to download as a public beta (here's ). First unveiled at Apple's in early June, MacOS Monterey includes new features like , and a bunch of the same updates coming to , like .
If you're looking to download and install the MacOS Monterey public beta, or the final version once it's released in the fall, you'll need to have a compatible device. And while thehas been full of confusion over , Apple's compatibility list is far more straightforward.
Every Mac compatible with MacOS Monterey
Here are all the models of Macs that can run MacOS Monterey,:
- MacBook, early 2016 and later
- MacBook Air, early 2015 and later
- MacBook Pro, early 2015 and later
- Mac Pro, late 2013 and later
- Mac Mini, late 2014 and later
- iMac, late 2015 and later
- iMac Pro, 2017 and later
As our sister site ZDNet notes, that means that the following Macs will not be able to update to anything beyond :
- iMac, mid and late 2014 and early 2015
- MacBook Air, mid 2013 and early 2014
- MacBook Pro, late 2013 and mid 2014
- MacBook, early 2015
For more, check outand You can also take a look at the and see .