Another day at the Consumer Electronics Showcase in Las Vegas, another Amazon Echo integration. This time, it's the Nexia connected home platform that's announcing compatibility with the popular smart home speaker. That means you'll be able to control your Nexia-compatible smart home gear simply by talking to Alexa, Echo's cloud-connected, voice-activated AI.
Nexia calls Echo a more accessible and versatile virtual assistant than the alternatives, and claims that you'll be able to use Alexa to control individual devices or execute any of your programmed automations.
In addition to joining up with Echo, Nexia unveiled a new Windows 10 app for use on PCs, tablets, and smartphones running Microsoft's latest operating system. The brand also displayed a host of new system devices, including:
- An outdoor wireless camera
- An indoor wireless camera with pan, tilt, and zoom capability
- A doorbell sensor capable of triggering automations whenever someone's at the door
- Enhanced compatibility with flood sensors, leak detectors, and water control modules from Fibaro, FortrezZ, Rachio Iro, and GoControl
- A wall-mountable touch remote for system control