Congrats to Sam W. of Missouri City, Texas, for winning our CNET Moving Day Grab Bag last week.
Theis coming up September 8. So for this week's CNET giveaway, we've got a special bundle from ThinkGeek.
If you haven't won an Phaser Remote has 36 programmable gestures, haptic feedback and optional special effects, with a lock code so you can be the only one who makes it work. Why bogart a phaser that controls your TV? Probably because you'd never get it back?then you almost certainly need a replica that's also a universal remote. ThinkGeek says the replica
There've been several attempts to Star Trek Original Series Tricorder replica will not control your vertical and horizontal, but it does have sound effects and a removable hand scanner for parties., but do any of them have the glorious "'60s TV set in a microwave on a cassette recorder with slots for laundry quarters" look of the original? ThinkGeek's
Also for parties (possibly even more so), there's the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Risk game. ThinkGeek explains, "The plot of this game is exactly what you think it would be: Q has brought together Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway and Archer to see which of them would be the best commander in Starfleet." Expected play time is described as "Risk long." So, five years? Perfect.
That means at some point you'll need to order takeout on your Star Trek: TOS Bluetooth Communicator with "authentic flip-to-answer action" and sound effects. It needs to be connected wirelessly to a smartphone for the actual communicating, with a walking-around-dramatically range of 32 feet.
Finally, you whip out the Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Sushi Set. Functionally, it's a wooden plate, a soy sauce dish and a pair of chopsticks. Aesthetically, it's a teeny spaceship full of soy sauce, which... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OK, how do you win all this stuff, worth about $445 in total? There are a few rules, so please read carefully.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Star Trek: TOS Bluetooth Communicator, one (1) Exclusive Star Trek Remote Replica, one (1) Star Trek Original Series Tricorder, one (1) Star Trek 50th Anniversary Risk board game and one (1) Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise Sushi Set for a total retail value of approximately $445.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until September 5, 12 p.m. ET.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (all caps for extra legality):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. DATA RATES MAY APPLY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. ET on Monday, September 5, 2016. See official rules for details.