At the Xbox-centric E3 press conference Sunday, Microsoft pulled back the curtains on an update to the Elite Controller: Series 2. An even more Elite controller with a slew of adjustments to bumpers, grips and thumbsticks that looks to iterate on and improve one of gaming's best controllers.
The short trailer showed off, in around 90 seconds, all the new features of the controller. In brief:
- Adjustable tension thumbsticks
- Higher precision control
- New trigger grip and redesigned bumpers
- Wrap-around rubberized grip
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Three profiles
- Internal rechargeable battery and dock with 40 hours per charge.
The controller will work on both Xbox One and PC and Series 2 program manager at Microsoft, Allan Carranza, confirmed the controller will also be compatible with Xbox Scarlett. Cool!
The Elite Series 2 will be available from November 4, 2019 and you can already pre-order at xbox.com.
You can watch the full reveal below:
E3 press conferences
Saturday, June 8
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. It also announced last-man-standing battle royale game, offering a new character and weapon to play with. The company also showed off a new paid update for The Sims 4, called Island Living, that brings the series to a tropical beach. Finally, the company did discuss drama over the mixed reviews for its Anthem action adventure game, saying it " " and had more updates and features planned soon.
Sunday, June 9
- John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum, was on stage to announce , which is coming next year.
Monday, June 10
- PC Gaming Show -- 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET)
- Square Enix -- 6 p.m. PT (9 p.m. ET)
Tuesday, June 11
- Nintendo (livestream only) -- 9 a.m. PT (noon ET)
Updated 12:09 p.m. PT: Scarlett compatibility confirmed.