Happy Black Friday, cheeps! (That's "cheapskates" plus "peeps" in case you're new around here.)
In honor of this crazy day of shopping madness, and to cap off the celebration of my fifth anniversary writing the Cheapskate blog, I've got one seriously killer contest for you.
Because it's a fifth anniversary, I decided one prize wouldn't do -- I needed five. And thanks to some very generous companies, that's what I ended up with. I'm overjoyed with this roster of goodies, which you can easily enter to win by following the rules listed near the bottom of the post.
1. Roku 2 XS It's the top-end Roku box, the one with the motion-sensitive remote and support for games like Angry Birds. You're probably sick of hearing me gush about this product, but gush I must: It's the best thing since sliced Netflix.
2. FitBit Zip Successor to the immensely popular FitBit Ultra, this tiny clip-on activity monitor tracks your steps taken, calories burned, stairs climbed, and so on. Plus, it's wireless, automatically syncing your stats with your phone and/or PC. (Is it wrong that I want to keep this prize for myself?)
3. Fluance FiTSD600 Tower Speaker Dock for iPod/iPhone This isn't one of those wimpy little bookshelf docks. The FiTSD600 stands just under 4 feet tall and belts out room-filling audio from your iPhone or iPod. (It works with other devices, too, it just doesn't dock them.) How high-end is this dock? It normally sells for $349.99.
4. Zvox Audio Z-Base VT420 A huge upgrade for your TV, the Z-Base VT420 packs an entire surround-sound speaker system into a single cabinet that can sit right under your TV. I'm a longtime fan of the Zvox line; this special-edition model works with your existing remote and can automatically lower the audio in the commercials.
5. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 A handset CNET called "the ultimate anti-iPhone," the Galaxy Note 2 features a huge screen, a pen for input, a great camera, and strong battery life. A big tip of the hat to the folks at Wirefly for contributing this excellent prize.
So, some pretty good stuff, right? Now for the fine print about how to enter:
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the Join the Conversation section below my blog post and hit the Add Your Comment button. If you're not already registered please do so. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Sunday, November 25, at noon ET.
Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the U.S., 18 & older, and a Registered User of cnet.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 12 PM ET on 11/25/12. See rules for details.
So thanks again for reading The Cheapskate, thanks for entering the contest, and good luck!
Bonus deal: In the market for a new cell phone? Start your search at Wirefly, where you'll find 50 phones priced under $1 each. The sale runs through Cyber Monday and includes such popular models as the Verizon Droid Incredible 4G, Sprint Motorola Photon Q, and T-Mobile Galaxy S Blaze 4G. All orders include free Fedex shipping (and returns, if necessary), and there's no activation fee for Sprint and T-Mobile phones. Perhaps best of all, many of these deals are for existing customers as well as new ones, making this the perfect opportunity to upgrade.
Deals found on The Cheapskate are subject to availability, expiration, and other terms determined by sellers.
Curious about what exactly The Cheapskate does and how it works? Read our FAQ.