It officially kicks off on Monday, December 5 at 12 a.m. PT, which is really Sunday night to folks on the west coast and early Monday morning for folks on the east coast (3 a.m. ET). For those in the middle of the country, well, you can take your pick between late night or early morning.
Like last year, each day for 12 days we'll see a new sale on select items. Here's the full list of deals, according to Microsoft's sale preview page:
- Day 1 (December 5): Save up to $1,000 on select Intel PCs, with prices starting at $199.
- Day 2 (December 6): $199 for a Lenovo IdeaPad 110 laptop ($100 savings).
- Day 3 (December 7): Save up to 50 percent on select Xbox One games, now $19.99.
- Day 4 (December 8): Save $250 on the Surface Pro 4 with Intel Core M3 and 128GB SSD (now $649), plus a free sleeve.
- Day 5 (December 9): Save up to 70 percent on select Windows tablets, with prices starting at $49.
- Day 6 (December 10): Save up to $250 on the Windows Premium Collection PCs.
- Day 7 (December 11): Buy select Xbox controllers and get a $25 Microsoft Store gift code.
- Day 8 (December 12): Save $50 and get two free games with select Xbox One consoles, plus discounts on Xbox accessories and games.
- Day 9 (December 13): Get a $100 Microsoft Store gift code when you buy the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift VR headsets.
- Day 10 (December 14): Save up to $1,000 on select Intel-powered gaming PCs.
- Day 11 (December 15): Save up to 40 percent on select Dell PCs, with prices starting at $199.
- Day 12 (December 16): Save up to $200 on select Surface Pro 4 models, plus get a free Type Cover (up to $359 value).
Each daily offer goes live at 12 a.m. PT or 3 a.m. ET, while supplies last. The deals are available on Microsoft's US and Canadian sites. There will also be some nice in-store doorbusters, kicking off with the Bluetooth speaker for $19.99 on December 5.
Last year Microsoft marked down dozens of Windows 10 games and other programs to 10 cents, but we haven't heard about any steep discounts on software this year. We'll see if any materialize.