iDisk issues after installing Security Update MacFixIt reader Luke Latham reports problems using his iDisk after installing Security Update 2004-06-07:
"After installing the Security Update 2004-06-07 yesterday afternoon, my iDisk fails to sync on my dual-2GHz G5 under 10.3.4. The iDisk [itself, on Apple's servers] is working fine, as I am able to upload files with my iBook. I've repaired permissions & used MacJanitor. I have exhausted all the steps that Apple recommends at the iTools Support site for a dysfunctional iDisk (e.g., new name/PW in the .Mac Pref Pane, Keychain troubleshooting, un/re-registering my G5 via iSync. I also tried re-installing the 10.3.4 Combo updater, but that didn't help."
Problems launching Safari: permissions? Reader "Jimsmac" reports problems launching Safari that were fixed by using Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions function:
"I was having problems with Safari launching properly or at all. I removed, reinstalled, etc., with no success. I finally found that the problem was with fonts and permissions. After running repair permissions twice all the problems went away."
New/Updated Knowledge Base Articles
- How to search the System Directory with Find in Mac OS X 10.3
- Mac OS X 10.3 Tip: Use Keyboard Viewer for Key Caps Functions
- Mac OS X 10.3 Mail: Long Internet URLs in a message may not work
- iTunes Music Store Terms of Service
- Error 1406 or 1402 appears when you install iTunes for Windows
- AirPort Update 3.4.1
- Power Mac G5 (June 2004): Transferring data with Setup Assistant frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Upgrading to QuickTime Pro
- Opening the iDVD 4 Tutorial without an administrator account
- Final Cut Pro HD: Modifying timecode on the current frame