Resolving one of the biggest issues (see previous coverage) with embedded media on Intel-based Macs, Telestream Software has released a Universal Binary edition of Flip4Mac WMV -- the software that allows you to play Windows Media files (.wma and .wmv) in QuickTime Player and view Windows Media content on the Internet using a web browser.
A full list of changes for this release is as follows:
- Added universal binary support for Intel Macs
- Added playback optimizations for Intel Macs
- Added significant export optimizations for PowerPC Macs
- Added multi language audio support in player
- Added overlay when importing WMV content in trial mode
- Added support for web authors to disable "save as" feature in web browser
- Improved support for MMS servers and live streams
- Fixed DCT Blocking issue (progressive deterioration with increasing distance from previous keyframe)
- Fixed encode errors when the audio bit rate is set higher than the video bit rate.
The new release is available as a 5.8 MB standalone download.
Problems with the new version? Please let us know.