CNET's Cheapskate scours the Web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. And find more great buys on the CNET Deals page.
If you're a regular around these parts, you know that I love three things: drones, virtual reality and donuts. OK, I haven't mentioned the donut thing too often, mostly because there's rarely a good tech angle. What we need, obviously, is donut delivery via drone. I would write the heck out of that.
That's why I'm excited about today's giveaway, which comes courtesy of the folks at Wellbots -- a cool store that sells pretty much everything I consider awesome: drones, hoverboards, robot vacuums, 3D printers and so on.
There's no official name for this, so I'm calling it the Awesome Gadget Giveaway. You have an easy shot at winning one of the following:
First prize:(ARV: $499)
Second prize: Zeiss VR headset with tray (ARV: $129)
Third prize: Parrot Jumping Race (ARV: $120)
The Jumping Race is an app-controlled RC "car" that shoots video and can jump into the air. Super cool.
Good stuff, no? One thing I'll note about the Bebop is that it'll cost you $20 to get the Flight Plan upgrade in Parrot's flight-control app. But it'll be totally worth it, because then you can plot a flight path on a map and the Bebop will follow it!
OK, so how can you win? Official rules are coming up, but the bottom line is simple. Just vote in the below poll, then leave a comment answering this question: What would you primarily use a drone for? Aerial photography? Competition racing? Scare away the geese that are pooping up your yard? Something else entirely?
Good luck, cheeps!
How to enter:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking Join CNET in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer this question: "What would you primarily use a drone for?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, May 27, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 and older, and a registered user of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 05/27/16. See rules for details.