Car-diagnostic gizmos have been around forever, but only recently have they gotten smart -- by which I mean pairing with mobile devices so you can do cool stuff right in your car, instead of having to schlep the gizmo back to your PC, connect a USB cable, download the data and so on.
Indeed, whether you're a car junkie who wants to know anything and everything about what's happening under the hood or you've got a check-engine light you want to diagnose (or clear) without a trip to the mechanic, have I got the contest for you.
Let's call it the Lucky Lemur Giveaway. Just for answering a simple question (and voting in a simple poll), one lucky lemur -- er, grand-prize winner -- will walk away with the following:
- A Lemur BlueDriver ODB2 Sensor
- An iPad Air 2 (128GB, Wi-Fi + cellular)
- An iPad Air 2 Smart Case
Combined value of all this booty: just over $1,000. In addition to the big winner, nine smaller winners will score one very awesome BlueDriver. (That's not faux praise; check out the user reviews at Amazon. This thing is really a pro-level tool.)
Sound good? To enter, all you have to do is hit the comments and explain how you'd use the BlueDriver. Voting in our poll would be nice, too. Full contest rules and requirements are listed below.
Oh, and what's with the iPad? That's for checking out the BlueDriver's data in style, of course.
*How to enter for your chance to win:
- Register as a CNET user (by clicking Join CNET in the top-right corner of the page). If you're already registered, there's no need to register again -- you just need to be logged in.
- Go to the bottom of my blog post, click Show Comments, then answer this question: "How do you intend to use your BlueDriver scanner?" Then click Post Comment.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified. The winners will be chosen randomly.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via email. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the sweepstakes. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Friday, March 27 at 11:59pm PST.
Some legalese: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the US, 18 & older, and a Registered User of CNET.com. Void where prohibited. Ends at 11:59 PM PT on 03/27/15. Seefor details.
Bonus deal: One of my favorite smartwatches is on sale! Today only, and while supplies last, Best Buy has the Martian Notifier for $69.99 shipped (plus tax), in your choice of white, red or black. The Notifier lives up to its name by giving you wrist-buzzing notifications for calls, text messages, alarms and the like. Battery life rocks (nearly two weeks, in my experience), and it works with both Android and iOS devices. This is the watch I wear daily, just sayin'.