Turtle Beach is calling its upcoming $200 Elite Pro the first gaming headset designed from the ground-up for e-sports athletes -- people who play video games for a living. (Back in 2013 the US government officially recognized e-sports players as professional athletes.)
For the release of the Elite Pro, Turtle Beach has teamed up with OpTic Gaming, one of the more "prolific" e-sports organizations. As part of the new partnership, OpTic's championship Call of Duty, Halo and Counter Strike: Global Offensive teams will begin using the headset on the competitive gaming circuit and at this year's e-sports World Convention that takes place on May 6-8 in Paris.
Of course, you don't have to be an e-sport athlete to own the Elite Pro Tournament Gaming Headset. You just have be willing to fork out the dough for it when it goes up for preorder on May 27.
Here's a look at its key features, according to Turtle Beach:
- ComforTec Fit System: A revolutionary adjustment system for truly personalized comfort.
- Aerofit Ear Cushions: Groundbreaking material technologies combine to deliver cooling comfort, better sound and passive noise isolation.
- ProSpecs Glasses Relief System: Patented technology alleviates ear cushion pressure for gamers who wear glasses.
- Pro Gaming Microphone with TruSpeak Technology: Professional grade microphone provides effortless communication with your squad.
- 50mm Nanoclear Speakers: Turtle Beach's signature audio tuning delivers immersive game sound and crystal clear team chat.
- Elite Pro Customizable Speaker Plates: Add customized speaker plates that attach magnetically to the outside of the Elite Pro's ear-cups (sold separately).
- Circuit Pro Cable System: Quickly connect the Elite Pro headset to all Elite Pro accessories through one easy, universal connection.
- Includes Turtle Beach Elite Membership