It took a while, but Plantronics is finally coming out with an affordable communications-oriented, neckband-style Bluetooth headphone. It's called the BackBeat 100 Series and it's due out worldwide in October with a price tag of £70 -- we're still waiting on US and Australian pricing, but the UK price converts to $95 or AU$125.
The headphone is geared toward both music and making calls, which you'd expect from Plantronics.
Weighing less than 30 grams, the BackBeat 100 Series has a flexible neckband design that conforms to the size and shape of your neck, and like many of these around-the-neck headphones, it has magnetic earbuds to keep the cords from flopping around too much when they're not in your ears.
- Up to 8 hours of listening and talk time
- Three-button interface for operation of music and calls
- Full-range sound with solid bass audio profile
- Built-in microphone with echo reduction, digital signal processing (DSP) and HD Voice clarity
- Vibration alerts for incoming calls
- Price: £70, 80 euros (no Australian or US pricing has been announced yet)
- On sale October 2016
In other Plantronics news, the company announced that its popular wireless sports headphone, the, will soon be available in five new colors: Power Blue, Sport Gray, Core Black, Fit Fuchsia and Stealth Green.