Shop for Jenn-Air Wi-Fi RefrigeratorSee all prices
Luxury brand Jenn-Air's two new refrigerators will send you alerts if somebody leaves the door open and lets you control settings from your smart device thanks to built-in Wi-Fi. Jenn-Air debuted two models of its Wi-Fi-enabled, 72-inch counter-depth French door refrigerator at the Architectural Digest Design Show in New York City this week. The refrigerators, which are currently available to buy, will cost $4,600 for a Euro-style model and $4,700 for the pro-style model.
The products are the first Wi-Fi-enabled refrigerators from Jenn-Air, which is part of the Whirlpool Corporation. The company has previously created a line of Wi-Fi ovens, including the Jenn-Air JJW380DP that works with the Nest Learning Thermostat. The company recently ended a partnership with a connected-kitchen software company called Innit, but the new Wi-Fi refrigerators show that the Jenn-Air isn't slowing down when it comes to smart appliances.
Jenn-Air has taken a different approach to its Wi-Fi refrigerators than the flashy exteriors we've seen on smart refrigerators such as the Samsung Family Hub and the LG InstaView Refrigerator. Samsung and LG have made Wi-Fi-enabled refrigerators that are meant to be the center of the connected kitchen thanks to large touchscreen control panels, apps and extras like built-in cameras.
Jenn-Air has instead chosen to maintain a traditional physical design for its Wi-Fi-enabled refrigerators that doesn't immediately scream, "Check out my smart refrigerator!" The app does most of the heavy lifting, so you can control your refrigerator settings from your device, such as internal temperature.
- Integrated cabinet LED strip lighting
- Obsidian black interior
- App will work with iOS and Android
- Max Cool setting will lower the refrigerators' temperature for a short period of time, like when you are loading groceries
- Max Ice setting will increase ice production for a short period, like during a party
- Can receive notifications when the door is left ajar, when the temperature in the refrigerator or freezer compartment reaches above a set temperature as well as when it's time to replace the water filter