The $169 (£132 in the UK, roughly AU$224 in Australia) Motif Essential coffee maker may look familiar. It shares a similar sleekness of shape with many other premium coffee makers from the likes of Technivorm, Ratio, and Bonavita. Coincidentally, it's made by Espresso Supply, the same company that markets (though not the manufacturers of) our favorite home coffee maker, the.
Built to adhere to the SCAA's (Specialty Coffee Association of America) strict guidelines for "golden cup" brewing, chances are good the appliance will whip up drip every bit as good as our Editors' Choice winning java pot.
Other specs for the Motif Essential also remain the same. These include a 1.2 liter (8 cup, 40 ounce) water reservoir and matching carafe. It does use type 4 paper filter cones, unlike the BV1900TS which relies on flat-bottomed basket filters to strain its grounds.
Motif Essential coffee maker details
- $169 for glass carafe and hot plate model
- $189 (roughly converts to £150 and AU$250) for steel thermal carafe model
- Uses type 4 paper cone filters
- 40 ounce (1.2L) brewing capacity
- Made to brew according to SCAA "golden cup" standard
- Shipping in September 2017