2K Sports has released a new patch for NBA 2K17 that fixes a number of issues with the professional basketball game. The patch notes, which were published on Facebook, include fixes for instances where the game would hang and a problem where the score wouldn't update at the right time after a made basket.
The new NBA 2K17 patch also fixes an issue related to uniform colors clashing in some matchups, while it also clears out a problem where you wouldn't be given a win if your opponent disconnected during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game "under certain conditions." You can see the full patch notes below.
In other news about NBA 2K17, Sony announced today that the game was the best-selling PlayStation Store title in North America for September 2016, outselling another popular newcomer, FIFA 17.
"Despite its few drawbacks, NBA 2K17's excitement for basketball is contagious, and it's hard not to get wrapped up in it," reviewer Mat Paget wrote. "Apart from the lacking 2KU mode and stiff recreations of commentators, the rest of the game looks great and plays even better. After finally devoting a significant amount of time to one of these games, I now see why it's such a well-regarded series, and it makes me wish that every sport got the same treatment that basketball does in NBA 2K17."
NBA 2K17 October 11 Patch Notes:
- Corrected an issue where some post-release uniform colors would clash with the opposing team's uniform in certain matchups.
- After a made basket, the score will no longer update on the scoreboard until after the animation has completed; this should be much less confusing.
- Fixed a case where your friends list in the Who's Online menu would disappear while viewing it.
- Contact Dunk animations should now properly stay equipped on your MyPlayer.
- The Relentless Finisher badge should now give the proper bonuses on contact layups when leveling it up.
- Fixed an extremely rare hang that could occur when a player was attempting to grab a rebound.
- Fixed a case where certain jump shot animations would result in the shot meter reporting an incorrect very late timing during high-latency situations.
- Addressed an issue where you would not be granted a win if your opponent disconnected during a Pro-Am Walk-On/Team game under certain conditions.
- Users in Ante-Up will now always be presented with the correct ante-up amount prior to joining the Got Next queue.
- Corrected a case that would result in loading into a black screen heading into a game.
- Connection events will now always appear on the schedule once you agree to them/set them up.
- Addressed a hang that could occur when attempting to enter the 3PT/Dunk Contest when your MyPLAYER was injured.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when loading into a Live Practice when a number of players on your team were simultaneously injured.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.