The Hitman beta begins February 12 on PS4 and comes to PC on February 19. It has not been announced for Xbox One. The only way to guarantee yourself entry is to preorder a digital copy of the game, including its Full Experience, Intro Pack, and Collector's editions. People who preordered physical copies are not getting in, Square Enix said.
Here are download links:
- PlayStation 4: Full Experience / Intro Pack
- PC: Steam Store Page
- Collector's Edition: SE NA Store / SE EU Store / Full details
Concerning the Hitman beta's content, you'll get to play the game's prologue.
"That's the very beginning of the game, set at a top secret recruitment and training facility," Square Enix said. "The Prologue revolves around how Agent 47 joined the ICA and shows the first time that 47 meets his long-time handler, Diana Burnwood."
It serves as an introduction to Hitman. You'll get to test out the mechanics and perform two "free-form" training hits. You can replay these as many times as you want for the duration of the beta.
The Hitman beta begins on PS4 at 8 a.m. PST / 11 a.m. EST on February 12 and ends February 15 at the same time. Timing for the PS4 beta in Europe is available here. PC players can jump in starting at 2 a.m. PST / 5 a.m. EST / 11 a.m. CET worldwide on February 19 and play until February 22 at the same time.
Progress achieved in the Hitman beta will not carry forward to the full game.
As for file size, the Hitman beta is 4.7 GB, a figure Square Enix said was not an intentional reference to Agent 47. The PC file size should be about the same.
Additionally, Square Enix said you will not need a PlayStation Plus membership to play the Hitman beta, unless you live in Germany.
Some other highlights from the Hitman beta FAQ:
- It won't include Contracts Mode
- It's available in English only. The full game includes English audio as well as subtitles for English, Spanish (Spain and Latin America), French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, and Portuguese (Brazil).
- You need an Internet connection
- You can share images and post gameplay videos
- PC specs are available at the Steam Store Page
- Beta players are encouraged to leave feedback at these places: Square Enix Forums / Hitman Forum / Hitman Subreddit / Hitman Steam Group / Hitman Twitter
- Once the beta wraps up, Square Enix will send out a survey asking for your thoughts
Hitman arrives across PS4, PC, and Xbox One in March 2016. The game was originally slated to launch in late 2015 but was delayed so that developer IO Interactive could add more content.