E3's official start is still one day away, but Monday is when Microsoft and Sony slug it out with opposing press conferences. But unlike most battles, this is one where the fans win.
Some of today's biggest announcements were:
- The next Gear of War was finally confirmed.
- We don't know what all of the games are you'll be able to play with on Microsoft's HoloLens headset, but one of them will be Minecraft.
- After so many years of uncertainty, Sony finally confirmed The Last Guardian will release next year.
- Call of Duty has shifted console allegiances and will now have its DLC debut on PlayStation.
- The next Mass Effect has a name: Andromeda.
- The long lost Shenmue 3 may finally get some closure. Just after being announced by Yu Suzuki, the Kickstarter for a new game has raised over $1 million.
- Dark Souls 3 is happening, but it will be the last one in the series.
- Hilarious roleplaying game South Park: Stick of Truth is getting a sequel: Fractured, But Whole.
- Channel the power of the Force and play as either Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader in Star Wars: Battlefront.
- The PlayStation Experience last year had a disappointing Final Fantasy VII HD tease, but that was all erased by the announcement of an upcoming FF7 remake.
If you want every single announcement, here are our comprehensive news roundups:
reading•E3 2015 Monday recap: Microsoft and Sony press conferences
Sep 20•Microsoft Minecraft update brings more players together
Jun 19•CNET Asks: Who has the best upcoming games?
Jun 19•Pokemon Go adds battles that actually make sense
Jun 18•E3 2017: The biggest unanswered questions