Ubisoft has announced a new downloadable content pack for Assassin's Creed Syndicate that will feature infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper.
The news was revealed during Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show PlayStation conference earlier today. A release date for the DLC pack has not yet been confirmed.
The Jack The Ripper campaign is set 20 years after the events of Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Ubisoft has explained.
"Set during the Autumn of Terror in Whitechapel, 1888, a killer's abominable acts of murder and mutilation terrorise London, creating widespread panic and worldwide media attention.
"Players will join forces with Inspector Frederick Abberline of Scotland Yard, to hunt down Jack The Ripper in a deadly game of cat and mouse with the infamous serial killer."
The Jack The Ripper content will be available standalone or as part of the season pass, which also includes the following:
- The Last Maharaja mission pack: Discover ten brand-new missions set within London, and join Duleep Singh to reclaim his birthright as the Maharaja. In his quest to reclaim his heritage, he will take on the Templars and test his friendship with the queen.
- A Long Night exclusive mission: Help Jacob track down an endangered fellow gang member and bring him back to the hideout in a fast-paced, wild, and dangerous ride.
- Streets of London gameplay pack: Gain access to over one hour of extra gameplay via new missions, and obtain additional weapons, gear, and outfits.
- Two top-tier sets of gear and weapons: Give your arsenal a steam-powered twist with the Steampunk Pack, and immerse yourself in the most famous novels of the Victorian era with the Victorian Legends Pack. Both sets include state-of-the art gear and weapons, as well as a new outfit.
- Exclusive XP boost: All Season Pass holders receive an exclusive permanent XP boost.
The Jack the Ripper DLC pack is not the first Ubisoft has revealed for Assassin's Creed Syndicate. Customers who pre-order the game will get a Darwin and Dickens Conspiracy DLC pack, which lets players conduct missions for "two of the greatest minds of the industrial revolution."
Assassin's Creed Syndicate is scheduled for release on October 23 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version is currently listed for launch in "Holiday 2015."