Here's the whole list of products and parts that Apple claims will be affected:
- Apple Watch
- AirPort router (but note that )
- Time Capsule (ditto)
- Mac Mini
- Magic Mouse
- Magic Trackpad
- Apple Pencil
- "Apple adapters, chargers, cables and cords"
- "Apple leather covers and cases for iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Apple Pencil"
- "Apple main logic boards with microprocessing units"
- "Memory modules, video graphic/audio cards and PCBAs"
- "Apple computer parts (e.g., housings and internal components)"
- "Apple MacBook internal keyboards and trackpads"
- "Printed circuit boards"
- "Electrical connectors"
- "Equipment used for research, development, testing and engineering."
That news comes in a letter from Apple to the Trump administration, one of many from companies commenting on the proposed tariffs before they potentially take effect.
"Because all tariffs ultimately show up as a tax on US consumers, they will increase the cost of Apple products that our customers have come to rely on in their daily lives," Apple writes.
Apple also argues that the tariff would be worse for the US than China. You can read the full letter below.
(Note that there seems to be a third, secret list of items that's been redacted from the document -- wonder what those are?)
Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reported the letter earlier.
Apple didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. The Office of the United States Trade Representative declined to comment.