CNET logo Why You Can Trust CNET
Advertiser Disclosure

Our expert, award-winning staff selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. Reviews ethics statement

Advertiser Disclosure
CNET editors independently choose every product and service we cover. Though we can’t review every available financial company or offer, we strive to make comprehensive, rigorous comparisons in order to highlight the best of them. For many of these products and services, we earn a commission. The compensation we receive may impact how products and links appear on our site.

Looking for TurboTax's phone number? How to contact tax preparers like H&R Block, Credit Karma, more

If you've filed your tax return but need to follow up with your preparer, we've compiled some helpful ways to contact your tax software provider.

Shelby Brown Editor II
Shelby Brown (she/her/hers) is an editor for CNET's services team. She covers tips and tricks for apps, operating systems and devices, as well as mobile gaming and Apple Arcade news. Shelby also oversees Tech Tips coverage. Before joining CNET, she covered app news for Download.com and served as a freelancer for Louisville.com.
  • She received the Renau Writing Scholarship in 2016 from the University of Louisville's communication department.
Shelby Brown
2 min read
Tax Day is May 17th

We'll help you get in touch with your tax preparer if you filed your taxes using one of these popular software providers.

Sarah Tew/CNET

Tax Day is a few days away -- Monday, May 17. If you've not filed your tax return yet and don't think you'll make the deadline, you can ask for a bit more time by filing for a tax extension. If you want to file your taxes by May 1, a handful of tax preparer services like TurboTax and H&R Block can help you get everything sorted with minimal hassle. Or maybe you already filed and would like to follow up with one of these tax preparers. We'll point you in the right direction.

This tax season could be more complicated if you're still waiting on your $1,400 stimulus check (or the first or second checks). Not to mention, you might be fielding unemployment insurance claimsstimulus check income and pandemic-driven changes in residence. On the bright side, you might be owed more money for a number of reasons this year, like if you had a baby, claimed newly qualified dependents or are part of a mixed-citizenship status family. If you have any questions while you prepare to file or after you've sent in your claim, you may be trying to figure out how to contact your tax service provider. 

Here's a handy list of some of the top tax service providers and how to get in touch with them if you need help. 


You can explore help topics on TurboTax or filter your questions by keyword, as well as search in the community forum.

Customer service: 1-800-446-8848 

H&R Block

You can search for a specific local H&R Block branch location for in-person help, or find a general FAQ on its website.

Customer service: 1-800-472-5625

Credit Karma 

Credit Karma has a number of articles and resources in its help center

Customer service: 1-888-909-8872

Watch this: Your tax questions answered in 3 minutes

Jackson Hewitt

Check out Jackson Hewitt's website's office locator for a specific location, the FAQ page, and a live chat instant message service (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight ET and Saturday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET). 

Customer service: 1-800-234-1040


TaxSlayer has a number of help articles, blog posts and topics to browse on its website to help get your questions answered. You can also email or live chat the support team.

Customer service: 1-706-922-6741

The editorial content on this page is based solely on objective, independent assessments by our writers and is not influenced by advertising or partnerships. It has not been provided or commissioned by any third party. However, we may receive compensation when you click on links to products or services offered by our partners.