We can't believe the finalists in the Google Science Fair are all teenagers, but they've each created projects so remarkable, we felt like they were more than deserving of our time today. There was only one official Grand Prize awarded, but they were all super-interesting projects each entrant should be immensely proud of. Here's the full photo of the winners from this year's event:
In addition, we're checking out a way to combine basic IKEA products and the iPhone into a game controller and light-source monitor, and discussing how an open-source robot named Jimmy might help robotics enthusiasts get into the game quicker and easier (though it's not cheap).
Tomorrow Daily 063 [mp3]: The Google Science Fair, a custom open source robot, and more
Here are some links and notes for all the things on the show today:
- The Google Science Fair names its 2014 winners
- Using the iPhone as a game controller with the help of a few IKEA products
- Meet Jimmy, an open-source humanoid robot ready to be your friend
- Back It or Hack It: Darma, a smart seat cushion for spinal health
- User feedback: Your #TDScary tweets, and our Phonetographer of the Day
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow, and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: