A sense of priorities is always helpful in life. As is a sense of passion.
The two miraculously came together for one Kansas man and, miraculously, he survived to tell the tale.
As ABC15 reports, the man's Olathe, Kan., home was on fire.
He woke up during the night to discover this phenomenon. He made it outside before the fire engulfed him.
However, what engulfed him shortly afterward was a burning desire not to be parted from his Xbox.
So, as if it were a scene from one of his favorite games, he rushed back inside to rescue his system.
He found it and rushed back out of the house again.
The police say that he suffered only smoke inhalation. Some might say that he suffered from a lot more than that.
It's unclear from reports what kind of Xbox this was. However, one assumes it must have been a relatively new Xbox One.
Surely no one would re-enter their burning house to retrieve some gaming relic.
There again, we already have recent video evidence that gamers can be very particular human beings indeed.