Halo 5, the much-anticipated follow-up to the successful Halo 4 from Microsoft-owned 343 Industries, might not launch this year, after all.
Speaking to GameZone in an interview published on Thursday, Steve Downes, the voice of the game's protagonist, Master Chief, said that while a Halo game will launch this year, he "wouldn't expect anything until 2015" on the Halo 5 front.
Downes said that he believes a 10-year anniversary edition of Halo 2 will launch in 2014, according to GameZone.
Although the Halo franchise started with Bungie, that company handed the franchise over to Microsoft in order to again become an independent development house. There had been some hope that Halo 5 would launch this year, but if the voice behind Master Chief is to be believed, that might not be happening.
CNET has contacted Microsoft for comment. We will update this story when we have more information.