For the May 31 release of 'A Clockwork Orange'' 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition and the Stanley Kubrick: Limited Edition Collection on Blu-ray', Warner Home Video has provided us with a Malcolm McDowell signed copy of 'A Clockwork Orange.' (Alas, Kubrick isn't around anymore, so we got the next best thing).
Normally, "A Clockwork Orange'' 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition would cost around $30, but you have the chance to get it gratis.
So, how do you try to win this specially signed Blu-ray? Let me enumerate the basic rules. Please read them carefully; there will be a test.
- Register as a CNET user. Go to the top of this page and hit the "Join CNET" link to start the registration process. If you're already registered, there's no need to register again.
- Leave a comment below. You can leave whatever comment you want. If it's funny or insightful, it won't help you win, but we're trying to have fun here, so anything entertaining is appreciated.
- Leave only one comment. You may enter for this specific giveaway only once. If you enter more than one comment, you will be automatically disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen randomly. The winner will receive one (1) Malcolm McDowell-signed copy of "A Clockwork Orange" 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Edition with a retail value of $30.
- If you are chosen, you will be notified via e-mail. The winner must respond within three days of the end of the contest. If you do not respond within that period, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries can be submitted until Monday, May 30, at 12 p.m. EST.
And here's the disclaimer that our legal department said we had to include (sorry for the caps, but rules are rules):
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C., 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Sweepstakes ends at 12 p.m. EST on May 30, 2011.for details.