Cut and paste is great, but for some purposes, it's a tool of last resort. Gmail makes it much simpler to save your messages as documents and PDFs, keeping formatting intact. Here's how to do it:
- Log in to Gmail.
- Click the gear-shaped icon near the top right, then select Settings.
- Click the Labs tab near the top center.
- Scroll down and click Enable next to Create a Document.
- Scroll to the top or bottom and click the button labeled Save Changes.
- The next time you want to save a message as a doc, just click the More button in the top center of the message reading pane, then select Create a document.
- A new tab opens in Google Docs. From here, it's easy to edit, save, and export as a PDF or some other file format.
That's it! This feature is incredibly handy for tackling invites, e-mailed schedules, and all sorts of other problems that cutting and pasting just can't solve.