- Here's a sampling of green-tech news with a quick commentary:
- Carbon is building up in atmosphere faster than predicted - Washingtonpost.com
Data shows that emissions growth is at the high end of IPCC scenarios.
- Cleantech urged to embrace "policy wonks" - Business Green
Unlike IT, clean tech industry growth will largely be shaped by policy.
- Vinod Khosla: Venture capital will survive Wall Street woes - Beet.TV
Before his Technology Review EmTech speech, Khosla says the financial crisis may cause a pause in investment but over the long term, he is optimistic.
- At Clinton powwow, McCain, Obama echo each other on energy - Environmental Capital - WSJ.com
On energy, the candidates agree on a lot in principle. See links to drill down into details.
- SolFocus completes Spanish project, eyes California - Greentech Media
Good update on SolFocus, a company to watch in concentrating photovoltaics, as it tries to ramp up.
- IBM launches 'cradle to grave' environmental consulting - Environmental Leader
IBM puts an eco spin on product lifecycle management, applications for designing, selling, and servicing products.
- Start-up converts old shipping containers into homes - Greentech Media
Some early coverage from West Coast Green conference: green and modular homes becoming more, um, mod.
- Converting methane gas from manure into electricity - NYTimes.com
Cows make electricity. Article makes the point that it's the policies, not the technology, that make this actually work.
- Ostara raises $10.5M to turn Wastewater into fertilizer - Earth2Tech
Another example of cradle to cradle to thinking, or using waste to make something else.