Why a birth date? We know that entering your birth date is a bit of a hassle, but it is important that you provide this information to keep CNET in compliance with COPPA. We take this stuff seriously and appreciate your cooperation.
Why a password? When you enter the CNET You Got Game Sweepstakes, you agree to become a member of CNET. Being a CNET member gives you access to the hottest CNET deals, lets you participate in CNET forums and discussions, and gives you the best tech news. Within approximately 24 hours of your contest entry, you will receive an email confirmation for your CNET registration. Once you confirm your email address for CNET membership, you will be registered in our system. You can delete your CNET membership at any time. If you have any questions about CNET membership, you may contact CNET Customer Support at http://cnet.custhelp.com/.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE, A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, D.C. OR CANADA, (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), 13 YEARS OLD OR OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN QUEBEC, PUERTO RICO, ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI") 1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the "CNET You Got Game Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain "www.facebook.com/cnet" (the "CBSI Service"), you ("you" and/or "Participant") hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or www.facebook .com.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who (a) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec); (b) at least 13 years old or older in their state of residence at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes (c) agree to become a registered member of CNET; and (d) agree to receive the CNET Exclusives newsletter. There is no fee or charge to be a member of CNET or receive the CNET Exclusives newsletter and a participant may unsubscribe at any time. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, Offerpop Corporation and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 U.S. and Canada, in Quebec, in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins on April 9, 2012 at 9:00:00 AM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on April 22, 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
4. Entering. To enter the Sweepstakes users need to go to the CBSI Service, 'Like' the CBSI Service page, register into the Sweepstakes application found on such page, you may register by signing in with your email address and password used to register on the CNET website (if applicable) or by creating a new registration, and you will receive an entry into the Level One Prize (as defined below) portion of the Sweepstakes. If Participant has already "Liked" the CBSI Service page, Participant will just need to register into the Sweepstakes as provided above in order to be entered for the Level One Prize portion of the Sweepstakes. NOTE: Participants that are new to the CNET brand will be signed up to the CNET website by registering to the Sweepstakes via the Sweepstakes application using the email address and password used to enter the Sweepstakes. Participants can qualify for the Level Two /Grand Prize (as defined below) portion of the Sweepstakes, by inviting two (2) friends to participate in the Sweepstakes; both friends must at a minimum receive an entry to the Level One Prize portion of the Sweepstakes, by following Participants invitation, in order for Participant to receive one (1) entry into the Level Two/Grand Prize portion of the Sweepstakes.
Limit one entry per person, per prize level.
There is a maximum of two (2) entries into the Sweepstakes, per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
In the event that no one participant succeeds in receiving an entry into the Level Two Prize portion of the Sweepstakes, the Level Two Prize will be awarded at random among all entries received for the Level One Prize portion of the Sweepstakes.
5. Prizes. There are two Tiers of Prizing.
Level One: Three (3) winners will each be awarded a level one prize (each, a "Level One Prize") that consists of a one (1) XBOX; approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Level One Prize is Two Hundred Ninety-nine Dollars (US$299.00) each.
Level Two: One (1) winner will be awarded a level two prize ("Level Two/ Grand Prize") that consist of one (1) Sharp LC-60LE640U TV, a XBOX and XBOX Kinect; ARV of the Level Two Prize is One Thousand Six Hundred Thirteen US Dollars (US$1,313.00).
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this promotion is Two Thousand Two Hundred Ten Dollars (US$2,210.00).
Level One Prize winners remain eligible for the Grand Prize. Level One Prize winner and Grand Prize winner, collectively, the "Prize Winner(s)"). Level One Prizes and Grand Prize collectively, the "Prize(s)."
6. Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. On or about April 23, 2012 the random drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Any potential Prize Winner who is a resident of Canada will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered online or offline in order to be declared a winner. Potential Prize Winner(s) will be notified by email within 7 (seven) days of drawing date. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two (2) attempts for new alternates per drawing will be conducted. If attempts fail, unclaimed Prize(s) will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local, provincial and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Each Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. If a Prize winner is a minor, parent or legal guardian must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release in the same time-frame.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes including, without limitation prize claim, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, such as harassment of any Sweepstakes Representative, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes and/or Sweepstakes Representative. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Released Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. The Release Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Released Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prizes and Prize Winners. The Released Parties assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (EXCEPT THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY THAT MAY EXIST ON ELECTRONICS), EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner List/Official Rules. For the name of the Prize Winners send a self-addresses stamped envelope for receipt by April 23, 2012 to "Winner's list, "CNET You Got Game Sweepstakes" c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked Official Rules: "CNET You Got Game Sweepstakes" for receipt by May 7, 2012. The full name of the Winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service.