Samsung store catches fire -- right before Galaxy S8 reveal
Samsung is feeling the heat from a new incident.
A Samsung retail store in Singapore caught fire.
No one was hurt but it comes just a day before the company is set to announce the next Galaxy SE phone.
You know that's the phone that's supposed to make everyone forget about how the Note 7 was catching on fire and then look, our store is on fire.
The Samsung store was at a shopping mall called the AMK Hub and channel news Asia reports that the fire occurred in the storage room.
Let's hope they were not smart enough to store any spare Note 7 phones back there, right?
Yeah, well what sparked the fire has not been reported but it was extinguished by the water sprinklers and it happened early in the morning The day before the store opened.
So the whole incident sounds minor but nonetheless Samsung just cannot get away from its fire problems.
For consumers worried that its batteries are unsafe, this only fans the flames.
Samsung will be announcing the Galaxy S8 in New York Wednesday morning and you can log onto CNet for our live coverage and commentary, it starts at 10:30AM eastern.
I'm Bridget Carey and you catch all the hottest Samsung news at CNET.com.
Blinded By The Light filmmakers talk Bruce Springsteen and Brexit
First look inside Virgin Galactic's space passenger terminal
Why using VR to teach you to fire someone isn't completely horrible
Facebook confirms human review of Messenger audio recordings...
What to do if you get bedbugs in your Airbnb (The Daily Charge,...
Airbnb's biting issue: Bedbugs
Samsung Galaxy Book S: Rise of the phone-like laptop (The Daily...
Everything to know about the Galaxy Note 10 (The Daily Charge,...
Samsung unveils Galaxy Book S
3D scanner brings real objects to life on the Galaxy Note 10