Top of the new Motif line of coffee makers sits the Motif Elements. Priced at $179 (£140 in the UK, roughly AU$237 in Australia), this kitchen brewer was dreamed up by Espresso Supply -- the same team marketing the Bonavita brand of drip machines in the US. We love the, which earned our Editors' Choice award by blending excellent performance at a great price.
According to Espresso Supply, the Motif Elements can brew truly tasty pots of java plus has other useful features.. These include a removable water tank, programmable brew times and a wedge-shape design. The reason for the latter is for shoehorning the coffee maker into the corners of kitchen counters to save space. Espresso Supply also says the machine has been tested to pass the SCAA's (Specialty Coffee Association of America) guidelines for "golden cup" certification.
Details for the Motif Elements
- $179 (£140, AU$237) for the glass carafe and hot plate model
- $199 (roughly converts to £155 and AU$260) for the steel thermal carafe model
- Triangular wedge shape for corner placement
- Uses type 4 paper cone filters
- 40 ounce (1.2L) brewing capacity
- Made to brew according to SCAA "golden cup" standard
- Shipping in September 2017