CNET.com.au has teamed up with the Sydney Opera House to offer our readers the chance to experience the most spectacular video gaming event of the year Play!
Play! is a video game symphony that brings to life the award-winning music of 20 of the biggest and best computer games around. Music from the games will be performed by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra (conducted by Arnie Roth and backed by choral sensation Cantillation) while massive screens, suspended over the orchestra, capture stunning game play sequences. Play! runs from 19-23 June and is exclusive to the Sydney Opera House.
Music will be performed from games including:
- Final Fantasy VI &VII
- Metal Gear Solid
- World of Warcraft
- Kingdom Hearts
- The Legend of Zelda
- Super Mario Bros
- Sonic The Hedgehog
To view the Play! Website please click here.
Double passes to give away
Two winners will each receive a set of two tickets, valued at AU$140 for the opening night performance on 19th June. After the show, winners will be invited backstage with Randolph Ramsay, Games Editor of CNET.com.au to meet Arnie Roth, conductor of Play! and a special guest composer.
Five runners up will receive a double pass to see the early evening dress rehearsal performance of Play! also on 19th June.
To enter, simply answer, in 25 words or less, the question "Which computer game has the best music and why?"
Please send your answers to be judged via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. with subject line: CNET.com.au PLAY! Competition. Be sure to include your complete contact details, including phone number, in the email.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Instructions on how to enter and how to claim prizes form part of these conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates & agencies associated with the promotion (& their immediate families) are ineligible.
3. Promoter is CNET Networks Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 41 092 094 525) of Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
4. Competition commences 21st of May 2007 and closes AEST 5pm 11th June 2007.
5. To enter the competition readers of www.cnet.com.au must forward an answer of 25 words maximum, to email@example.com for the question: "Which computer game has the best music and why?" Include your contact details, including day time telephone number, in the email.
6. The judging will take place at the promoter's office, Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. From AEST 5pm 11th June 2007.
7. The winner will be notified by phone or e-mail by 12th June 2007 and published on www.cnet.com.au by the 12th June 2007.
8. The authors of the two most insightful feedback responses, as judged by editors from CNET Networks Australia, will be deemed the winners. This competition is a game of skill. The overall winners will receive double passes to attend PLAY!, held 19th June 2007 at the Sydney Opera House Sydney. Prize value total is AUD$140.00 for each Finalists. (Note: This prize includes access to PLAY! at the Sydney Opera House, Sydney only. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included).
9. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified immediately using the contact details provided on the entry form. If the Promoter receives no response from the winner within 7 days of notification the promoter will conduct a redraw of the prize at the original place designated for the competition and a new winner will be drawn and notified. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian.
11. Entry into this promotion shall be deemed an acknowledgment and acceptance of these conditions. Promoter accepts no responsibility for illegible, damaged, late or misdirected entries/claims for any reason. Proof of posting shall not constitute proof of delivery. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting a claim or entry that is not in accordance with these conditions.
13. Promoter shall not be liable for, and takes no responsibility in relation to, any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions from the SA Lottery Department, Revenue SA) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to an written directions or conditions from any other relevant state or authority.
17. Insurance and warranty for the products will be the responsibility of the vendor suppliers of the prize. Warranty details for each of the components of the prize will be provided with the prize.