Big thanks to everyone who came through last night's 404 Meet-up at the CNET Gotham holiday gift guide. Friendships were made, business ideas launched, and plenty of stickers were given; it was one of our most productive meet-ups to date!
We'll wrap up last night's event and show a quick interview segment on today's show, then launch into the headlining news of the day: Logitech has announced that it made aGoogle TV set-top box, and the company has no plans to upgrade or reinvent the existing hardware. Tune in to find out your to your TV.
We'll also chat about near-field communication (NFC) chips making their way to luxury goods like Louis Vuitton wallets, Prada bags, and Nike sneakers to battle bootlegers, a six-year project to tweet the events of the second World War, and Jeff gives us his quick-take of "Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword."
We've been talking about games like Blockbuster just gave us two copies of each game to give away in conjunction with Blockbuster's promo running through Nov. 22 where if you buy a copy of the game in-store you receive a free month of unlimited game and movie rentals!, , and a lot on the show, and
- Follow The 404, Justin, Wilson, and Jeff on Twitter.
- Tweet out a message that includes #GimmeFreeGames and @The404 .
And that's it! Just remember that you need to be a U.S. resident to be eligible and the contest ends November 22. We'll select the winners at random, so good luck!
Stream or download today's show after the break!
The 404 Digest for Episode 945
- NFC tags warn shoppers about counterfeit Prada bags, Louis Vuitton wallets, and Rolex Watches.
- Logitech confesses to 'gigantic' .
- A six-year project to tweet the Second World War.
- Review: Skyward Sword slashes Zelda's sacred cows.
- Bathroom break 1: Finger Parkour freestyling.
- Bathroom break 2: Stupid iPhone prank.
Subscribe in iTunes (audio) | Subscribe in iTunes (video) | Subscribe in RSS Audio | Subscribe in RSS Video