The Rebellion is reborn! The latest chapter in the Star Wars saga is coming to your living room next month, so get ready to pore over every detail andall over again.
"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" arrives March 13 in digital stores like iTunes (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and via Disney'sservice. Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and cable on-demand editions will arrive on March 27, Disney announced on Tuesday.
These home video versions of "The Last Jedi" include bonus features such as "The Director and the Jedi," a journey into the creation of the movie with writer-director Rian Johnson, as well as audio commentary and tons more. Here's the full list of bonus features, which may vary from version to version, direct from the Star Wars website:
- The Director and the Jedi: Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie -- and experience what it's like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force: Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle: Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors: Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie's malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait: Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie's final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only): Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis' riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted scenes: With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio commentary: View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Here's a trailer:
"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" packages include the multiscreen edition (Blu-ray and a digital copy), the 4K Ultra HD Collector's Edition (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and a digital copy) as well as Best Buy and Target retailer exclusives. The 4K Ultra HD version features Dolby Vision HDR paired with Dolby Atmos audio.