It's almost the weekend, which means it's time for our last show of the week. Lots of fun, weird stuff on today's show:
- and GoPro cameras. Is it a real attempt at drone-only capture, or mostly a publicity stunt? 3DR says the production company making the show has a few Emmy-nominated creatives on board, but it will have to prove it wants to make a good show with a compelling story (and not a bunch of commercials for its drones with some story thrown in).
- UK-based construction company Tarmac showed off an almost-unbelievable video this week featuring a new concrete that absorbs a lot of water. Tarmac says this pavement can absorb around 4,000 liters of water in about 60 seconds, but it's not quite ready for prime time in climates where freezing temperatures occur.
- Disney Research released a video demonstrating a new type of grasping robotic mechanisms this week. Instead of using the rigid, nonflexible surface of the grabbing device itself, they 3D printed an inflatable module to surround the device, making for soft grips that were able to hold soft items like tofu without breaking it.
- Into It: Ashley's into the game HoPiKo, while Producer Logan loves BBC 1 Radio's YouTube channel
- Phonetographer of the Day: Reina's beautiful sunset photo from Carmel, California
251: Sci-fi Web series shot entirely with drones
Of course, you can find us everywhere on social media. Like, follow and heart us as you desire!
Subscribe to Tomorrow Daily: