Follow these simple steps and change an icon into an image (with alpha):
- First, highlight your application from the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Press (Command + I) to "Get Info".
- In the "Get Info" window, click on the tiny icon in the top-left corner. You will notice it becomes highlighted.
- Press (Command + C) to copy the icon.
- Open the Preview application.
- Press (Command + N). This will open a new Preview document with the contents of your clipboard (your icon). You will notice that the Preview file contains the entire ICNS information.
- Simply press (Command + S) to save your image. In the Save dialogue box, change the format to PNG and keep the Alpha box checked. This will save an Internet-compatible image with no background that you are able to use on any blog or Web site.
Apple - USE TAG
reading•Quickly create alpha images from icons in Preview
Jan 18•Qualcomm-FTC lawsuit: Everything you need to know
Jan 18•Foldables, 5G and the future of the iPhone in 2019
Jan 17•FTC vs. Qualcomm: Why you should care
Jan 17•Verizon offers BOGO deals on iPhone XR, Pixel 3 and more