Earlier this week, the iPhone dev team released an automatic, graphical method for upgrading jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhones/iPod Touches to jailbroken 1.1.3 device without any host computer interaction. If you have any firmware version other than 1.1.2, or a non-jailbroken device with any other firmware, you need to follow our complete guide then replace the last step with the automatic jailbreak.
Several users are having significant problems with jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhones. We've outlined some of these problems and corresponding fixes (if available) below, but many of the issues can be resolved by using the new version of the Dev Team's automatic jailbreak, named "Official 1.1.3 upgrader 1.1.3-2" in Installer.app. Try applying the new version and see if it alleviates these issues (you may need to start the jailbreak process over from the beginning).
Also note that the original 1.1.3 jailbreak released by "Nate True" exhibits issues that are fixed in the Dev Team's 1.1.3 jailbreak.
- "Main Script Error" when attempting to install apps through Installer.app Make sure that Installer.app is updated to the latest version before applying the jailbreak.
- Ringtones broken Download "Ringtone Fix" from Installer.app.
- Inability to use the Google "Locate Me" function Try installing Navizon through Installer.app, running it once, then attempting the Google "Locate Me" function again. Or install "Locate Me" from Installer.app
- Broken EDGE connectivity Tap Settings, Tap General, Tap Reset, Tap Reset Network Settings. This will cause your iPhone to restart, and will delete any stored Wi-Fi passwords as well as DNS settings and more. It may, however, restore your ability to pair with and use Bluetooth devices. If this fails, try resetting all settings.
- OpenSSH broken Uninstall then reinstall this application and the BSD Subsystem via Installer.app.
- Some third-party applications not working Some applications have not yet been updated to work with firmware/software 1.1.3. These include "Customize" and "SummerBoard."
There are also a number of issues with non-jailbroken phones updated to software/firmware 1.1.3 that may be conflated with jailbreak problems.