The Overwatch beta, which ends on May 9, includes the following content:
- All 21 heroes
- Quick Play, Play vs. AI, Custom Game, and Weekly Brawl modes
- Tutorial, Practice Range, and Practive vs. AI
- 12 maps and 4 multiplayer modes
- Assault: Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- Escort: Dorado, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Assault/Escort Hybrid: Hollywood, King's Row, and Numbani
- Control: Ilios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal
In terms of size, the PC beta is about 6.5GB, while console players can expect an 11GB download. You can see full installation instructions for the Overwatch beta here on the game's website.
Another thing to note is that an Xbox Live Gold subscription is required for Xbox One, but PlayStation Plus is not needed (though it will be come launch). Also, progress will not carry forward from the beta to the full game.
For more on the Overwatch beta, including a list of supported languages and PC system requirements, head to the game's website.
Overwatch, Blizzard's first new franchise in 18 years, arrives in full on May 24. In other recent news, Blizzard has confirmed there won't be a competitive play mode available at launch and explained why.